 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 185
Re: RCX Code Documentation and FLL Coaches Training
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 14:44:58 GMT

Dean,

I'd be glad to volunteer to be a teacher reviewer for your documentation.  I
teach Robotics in the Classroom a class for teachers at WSU.

The Help menu within RCX 2.0 explains each code block and gives an example
of its use.  I found this documentation to be fine to get kids started.

To capture RCX code programs I'd zoom out as far as you can (the blocks will
be very small) and take a screen capture.  Then, I'd take closer screen
captures of key parts of the program.

Tonya Witherspoon

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Dean Hystad writes:
First off I want to thank everyone for their help and guidance on my FLL
Coaches Training class.  The Mechanics class documentation is mostly done now.  I'm having a few of my engineer friends review it for techical errors. A teacher review follows that to catch my numerous grammatical errors and offer suggestions on the structure and presentation.  Then I will probably try it out on a few coaches.  Any volunteers?

Now on to the programming class.  There is lots of great stuff about ROBOLAB on the web, but I am having difficulty finding anything on RCX Code.  I haven't used it much since V1.0 which was pretty horrible.  The new V2.0 is much better, but the supplied documentation is sparse.  There are some programming exercises, a few sample programs, and the online help (which is full of gaps).

Also, does anyone know of a good way to capture images of RXC Code programs?

Thanks,

Dean Hystad