 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2633
Re: Scheduler patch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 05:04:04 GMT

Joel,

I have found your work to be quite interesting!

I made quite a few modifications in the kernel starting with ver 0.2.5 and
had hoped to have some of the modifications included in ver 0.2.7  My goal
was to reduce size and overhead which is quite different than your goal (as
best I can tell).  However, we did accomplish some of the same tasks.

I must say, though, that the way I accomplished the proportional timeslicing
was to simplify the task scheduler (to use a 'single' linked list) and then
to modify the timeslice per thread by a multiple of the priority.  It works
quite well.

I sent the code to Stephen Moraco, but with the 0.2.6 release and other
tasks taking his time... I don't believe he has had a chance to look at it.
(nudge, nudge -> Stephen)  8-)

I am off to poke around in your code modifications some more.  Thanks for
posting this!

// Joe

"Joel Uddén" <afroo@ul.shacknet.nu> wrote in message
Hello!

I've been doing some changes to the legOS scheduler. Now execution-time of
user tasks are proportional to priorities. See
http://ul.shacknet.nu/afroo/dev/legos/scheduler_notes.txt

Changes are made to legOS 0.2.6 and I didn't manage to get a working diff
file, so just download the following files and replace them with the
original files in legOS 0.2.6.
http://ul.shacknet.nu/afroo/dev/legos/program.c
http://ul.shacknet.nu/afroo/dev/legos/tm.c
http://ul.shacknet.nu/afroo/dev/legos/tm.h