 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2683
Re: Re: Scheduler patch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 01:35:25 GMT

I posted some code and a simple explaination of my implementation.  Here is
the link:

http://home.insight.rr.com/worldof/lego/LegOS/index.html

Let me know if you need clarification or want more information/code (I have
the .tar.gz to compile a LegOS kernel that is somewhere between 2.6 and 2.7
and my changes added in).  I want to avoid confusing the development effort
by releasing the whole thing publicly... but it is available for further
examination if necessary.

"Joel Uddén" <afroo@ul.shacknet.nu> wrote in message
Joe

I think proportional timeslicing would be a nice thing if the • implementation
would be efficient and straightforward. I don't consider my patch to be
that. Would still be nice to see a snippet of your code.

How do the other kernel developers feel about proportional timeslicing? Is
it really necessary?

Anyone have an opinion here?  I am also interested in hearing what everyone
else thinks about this topic.

Once again I wonder about the progress of the sensor handling rewriting. I
think this would be the most important change for the new version of
LegOS.

I agree, however, I am not sure we need something as fancy as the DAT4
implementation.  I think in nearly all cases, 99.99% sensor accuracy is
acceptable.  I bet we can achieve that with a smaller/simpler mechanism.  In
the cases where 100% accuracy is needed, then the DAT4 implemenation may be
the way to go.  Other opinions?

Thanks,
// Joe