 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2665
Re: Re: Scheduler patch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:35:00 GMT

Joel,

I had planned on another post to provide a link to the code sample, but have
run very short on time.  I will try to get that up soon.

I believe the sensor handling issue is a real issue.  However, I have yet to
see a simple solution that everyone can agree on.  Personally, I have never
had a problem with missing sensor events.  I can see how it could become a
problem with more complex software though.

More questions than answers... that is for sure.

// Joe

Also, you may be interested in the "WaitForMultipleEvents" implementation
that I did.  I found it quite useful, to be able to wait for a button press
or sensor event, but also be able to time out, etc...  I will try to get
these code samples up on my web site soon.

"Joel Uddén" <afroo@ul.shacknet.nu> wrote in message
Joe

I think proportional timeslicing would be a nice thing if the • implementation
would be efficient and straightforward. I don't consider my patch to be
that. Would still be nice to see a snippet of your code.

How do the other kernel developers feel about proportional timeslicing? Is
it really necessary?

Once again I wonder about the progress of the sensor handling rewriting. I
think this would be the most important change for the new version of • LegOS.