 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2666
Re: DJGPP & LegOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:43:58 GMT

I had once burned a CD-R with the entire conents of my DJGPP and LegOS
directories with working binaries for firmdl.exe (for uploading your .srec
firmware, includes the fast Xmit mode) and dll.exe (for loading your
compiled programs) for someone who was having trouble getting the whole
thing set up properly on his PC.  Both directories (and all files and
subdirectories) fit in a 11.2 MB sized .zip file.

All you had to do to get it working was add the following line to the FRONT
of your DOS path command:

PATH=c:\djgpp\bin;c:\djgpp\cross\bin;c:\legOS\util; {put the rest of your
old DOS paths here}

And then go into the LegOS directory, type the "make" command in the
appropriate directory and off you go.

If someone would like to host the .zip file, I'd be more than happy to
submit it for all to enjoy.  Note, the version of DJGPP compiles the LegOS
0.2.4 source files (pre compiled kernel .srec is included) properly, but I
don't know if the newer versions can compile, haven't tried 0.2.5 or later
with it yet.  But I would be curious if someone could try it with it.

Just drop me a e-mail and I can upload it wherever.

Dave

nospam - dcchen <at> pacbell <dot> net - nospam

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Steve Hassenplug writes:
Here's some work that was done on May 23, 2002...

http://h8300-hms.sourceforge.net/