 Robotics / NXT / 836 (-20)
  NRLink reading RCX response w/ RobotC

I have posted a problem to the RobotC forums and not recieved any response: (URL) anyone here have any experience with RobotC (how is their support)? Has anyone here worked with the NRLink? Have you been able to get a response from the RCX? Thanks, (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  A Better Robo-Arm With Mindstorms Old And New

Hello everyone. Here is my better robo-arm. It's meant to be an improvement on the "56-C" arm which is on the official NXT CD. A movie of the BetterArm (I hope it works)... (URL) view (click on Quick Pic) (URL) wrong with the official Lego arm? * (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT model instructions under OS X 10.2.8?

(...) I've written a some time ago a detailed review of the file structure of these files. You can access it here: (URL) note that the building instructions for the retail and educational set models (i.e. TriBot, Alpha Rex etc.) can be downloaded as (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT model instructions under OS X 10.2.8?

(...) The Academy content is just a series of HTML files. For Tribot, for instance, drill down this path: LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT/engine/editorVIs/Academy content/activities/v...es/tribot/ and then open "main.html". If you know click on the first (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT model instructions under OS X 10.2.8?

My laptop can only run Mac OS X 10.2.8, but the NXT software requires 10.3 or later. And yes, I tried it anyway, but it crashes on launch. My desktop machine runs 10.4.9 and the NXT software works just fine, but I can't have my son sitting at my (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXTAssembler 1.0 Alpha 2

Hi, First I want thanks John Hansen ,for the replies and for the NBC project. I released the alpha 2 of NXTAssembler 1.0, it's the first version that has something working! :-D (It's an alpha software and it contains a lot of bugs :-( ) Examples of (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: RotateMotor is stuck/nxc

John, The new nbc b31 works! Thank you! Now I'm onto making the biped walking more fluidly... --E -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of John Hansen Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 1:30 (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RotateMotor is stuck/nxc

(...) Elizabeth, Could you upgrade to b31 of NXC and see if you still have this problem? You will need to update your TextOut call to put the "false" as the last parameter or leave it out altogether. TextOut(0, LCD_LINE2, "DONE ROTATE"); Also, could (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: RotateMotor is stuck/nxc

Just to clarify more although it probably is very clear to most... LEGS_TURNING_DEG = some int to indicate the turning degree MOVENOW & DONE contains different integer values --E -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RotateMotor is stuck/nxc

Symptom: Stuck in RotateMotor function call. ===...=== Synopsis of how to create the problem : - 2 tasks - Task1 handles motor A & C - Task2 handles motor B - Task1’s motor movements have to synchronize with the Task2’s motor B movement - Mutex is (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: stop task

(...) It hasn't, Elizabeth - I'm not upset at John, and he knows *far* more about programming than I do. I just wanted to point out that there are process where abruptly "killing" a thread was one of the best solutions I ever found, due to the speed (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: stop task

Everyone, Being fair in the judgement in using a global watchdog flag to terminate a task. Honestly, when I have a multi-threaded process, I have always used a watchdog type of flag, mutex, semaphore, etc. to signal a thread to terminate. I hardly (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: stop task

(...) Well, you may not consider that awkward, but having been able to use the "stop" & "start" task commands in NQC, I do actually consider it very awkward. For instance, if I want to immediately stop some task under the "stock" FW... well, I (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: stop task

(...) It is not a rather awkward option, imho. That's like saying breaking out of an infinite loop using a flag is awkward and that it would be better to have some form of stop loop keyword that you could use from outside the loop instead. Is it (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: stop task

(...) Using a global to flag out of a task is about the only (rather awkward) option I know of. This is one of the things that I really have issues with under the NXT-G FW. (17 years ago, 24-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  stop task

I just noticed that there is no function to terminate a task like nqc . "stop" . I am currently setting up a global watchdog variable to signal a task to exit. Suggestion? --Elizabeth (17 years ago, 24-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Temporarily removing official NXT driver to use SAM-BA

FYI, just in case anyone has this problem in the future, I was able to fix it by using "Update Driver" in Device Manager while the NXT was in SAM-BA mode, and telling Windows that I would choose the driver. On the list were the Lego driver and the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: It says it is, but it ain't resetting

Hi, (...) probably some problem with the USB data transfer on your computer, which corrupted the firmware. This seems to occur with some computers, LEGO put out a driver update last year to correct it: (URL) that the ticking sound doesn't (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: It says it is, but it ain't resetting

(...) I've resurrected the "dead" NXT using the standard procedures and my home computer. Perhaps, the computers in the lab where smarter than mine. Mine performed the download but froze up. I had to power down and reboot. All is fine now, though (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

(...) The kids in last weeks class got some track models started then they quit when the going got rough. After I finished my model, they realized how much slower tracks are versus wheels. They chose speedy wheels over tracks. It's going to be (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact