 Robotics / NXT / 818
Re: It says it is, but it ain't resetting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:19:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, John Hansen wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
In your opinion, is this NXT comatose or brain dead?

It may just need new batteries.  You may want to try putting brand new Alkaline
AAs in it and then press the reset button for a long time (or try using BricxCC
or NeXTTool to put the brick in SAMBA mode).

John Hansen

I'll try the Briccx and/or NeXTTool approach.

Thanks

I've resurrected the "dead" NXT using the standard procedures and my home
computer.  Perhaps, the computers in the lab where smarter than mine.  Mine
performed the download but froze up.  I had to power down and reboot.  All is
fine now, though one begs to ask why it had to be so.