 Robotics / NXT / 819
Re: It says it is, but it ain't resetting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:14:06 GMT

Hi,

"gypsy_fly" <e_pilobello@yahoo.com> writes:

I've resurrected the "dead" NXT using the standard procedures and my home
computer.  Perhaps, the computers in the lab where smarter than mine.  Mine
performed the download but froze up.  I had to power down and reboot.  All is
fine now, though one begs to ask why it had to be so.

probably some problem with the USB data transfer on your computer,
which corrupted the firmware.  This seems to occur with some computers,
LEGO put out a driver update last year to correct it:

http://www.google.com/search?q=clicking-brick-syndrome

Note that the ticking sound doesn't necessarily mean the NXT is
in Samba mode, it just means that no regular firmware is running.
I.e., the firmware could also have crashed.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/