 Robotics / NXT / 833
Re: NXT model instructions under OS X 10.2.8?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:26:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Joe Strout wrote:

I tried looking inside the NXT software package, but couldn't
find any files therein I know how to read.

The Academy content is just a series of HTML files. For Tribot, for instance,
drill down this path:

LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT/engine/editorVIs/Academy content/activities/vehicles/tribot/

and then open "main.html". If you know click on the first (collapsed) bar below
the picture (it looks like one of three little grey boarders or thick lines
along the bottom), you can start the build instructions. If you just want the
JPEGs for the build sequence, go to the numbered folders under the tribot (for
instance) folder, and within each of them you'll see a "bi" folder - the larger
sized building instructions. There's almost certainly a clean and easy way to
run the academy content from a browser, but I'm not sure of the best entry point
- experiement :-). My guess is you might be able to export a whole subdirectory
or two onto a thumb drive, pop it over onto the older computer, and open it with
Safari or some other browser.

And don't thank me - thank LEGO and NI for keeping all this stuff amazingly
accessible. There is a lot of great customization sitting exposed but
as-yet-unexploited within that "engine" folder...

--
Brian Davis