 Robotics / Handy Board / *8444 (-20)
  Re: Help! Hanyboard Assembly Testing problem!---I think solved!

so there was a bridge between Rx and Tx! that would do it. let us know if things are working now. fred (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help! Hanyboard Assembly Testing problem!---I think solved!

There was a very undetcible component-side solder bridge between pins 2 and 3 of RP4. I might not know until tomorrow when I can get a replacement for RP4 (apparently I'm not very good at desoldering, and I didn't see the bridge at all until I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help! Hanyboard Assembly Testing problem!

Hi, Thanks for your reply. RP4 has the part # 88102G, and adjacent pairs of pins have resistance of 1k (ie, 4 discrete resistors). Ok, Tell me if this sounds really strange... R15 is installed, but tested at about 1k ohms, not 47k. I remove the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help! Hanyboard Assembly Testing problem!

Sam, can you check the serial input circuit. if this is not correct, then the 6811 won't stay in boot mode. make sure RP4 is a 1Kx4 resistor pack (4 discrete resistors) and not a 1Kx7. also make sure R15 is installed. see (URL) . also, try putting (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help! Hanyboard Assembly Testing problem!

Ok, RP4 was fine. I've put a logic tester "MODA" line on the chip (from what I can figure, this is this pin that gets the signal from the stop switch), and it is recieving a signal when I press the stop switch. I verified that the reset pin was (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help! Hanyboard Assembly Testing problem!

Hi! I'm still can't get the chip to go into bootstrap mode. I've double checked I've got all the components installed in the correct direction, and inspected the entire board for shorts, and have found none! What can I do?? I'll try resoldering the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Many HandyBoard questions (and a few answers)

(...) You attach the triacs to the handyboard, or is this just sequencing without using the HanyBoard? Either way I can get more information on how/what he did. BurningMan... gee who would have guessed :-) Sam (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Help! Hanyboard Assembly Testing problem!

Hi! I'm putting together my shiny new HanyBoard. I've got to the point where I'm testing the serial line/power led on the HanyBoard itself. The processor won't seem to go into bootstrap mode(ie, the green light won't go out, and attempts to download (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  I-cybie walking robot dog - Hackable???

Hi I gave my son an i-cybie robot dog for his birthday. Very impressive little robot. Has anyone done any hacking on these puppies (pun intended)? Here is one site I found (look towards the bottom of the page for I-Cybie): (URL) is pretty impressive (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Many HandyBoard questions (and a few answers)

(...) DC, (...) inverter (...) able (...) Buy a single big inverter and switch the output from it with Triacs. I had a friend do this for burningman this year and it worked great. I can't remember if he had problems with noise from the AC or not. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Many HandyBoard questions (and a few answers)

I wrote this a few weeks ago, and could not post the darn thing, as lugnet wouldn't let me. Since then, I have answered a few of my questions, and will include them to help others. I now have an unassembeld HB from Acronome, and look forward to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  2nd expansion board

Can the handy board drive more than more expansion board (assuming that the Y board-select lines are different)? (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 0x8000 and main()

Fred, Dan, and Chuck, Thanks to an email from Chuck McManis (thanks, Chuck), I now have a better understanding of what's going on with respect to the main() function and memory location 0x8000. Chuck asked me if the main() function is executed after (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 0x8000 and main()

Fred and Dan, For some reason, I'm apparently having trouble explaining my findings, doing something wrong -- or not understanding what Fred is telling me. Now that my HB runs " main() " functions just fine upon powerup reset, I did my experiment on (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Devantech SRF04 library for HandyBoard

Yes -- I am very sorry about this... I just updated the .zip file and it now includes the sonar.c file as well. Regards, Willem "Andrew Vlasov" <vlas@dicomp.ru> wrote in message news:01b101c194fe$98...d4@vlas... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Devantech SRF04 library for HandyBoard

Hi, Willem! Sorry, but "sonar_library_1.0.zip" is not full: "sonar.c" not found! And how about Devantech CMPS01 Compass library? It need i2c in HB. Do you plan this? ===...=== Best regards, Andrew. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Willem van (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 2 questions on Polaroid 6500

Jan, On ribon cable the lead that has the marking is simply there to make it easier to tell what lead is what on the other end. The marked lead usually denotes pin one, but not always. Remember that the drawing is show from a bottom view. Pin 9 is + (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 0x8000 and main()

I don't think this is quite it -- IC sets the byte if there's a main fcn. It also sets up some code so that main fcn gets run. Fred (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 0x8000 and main()

John, I think it lies in the Pcode, in other words if the pcode sets the 0x8000 to 1 then any program loaded that has main() in it will auto run at startup. If the pcode does NOT set 0x8000 to 1 then no matter what you have loaded as a program it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  0x8000 and main()

Dan, Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "a startup program". To me, a "startup program" means there is a file downloaded to the HB that contains a " main() " function, i.e., a function which will automatically be executed upon startup (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact