 Robotics / Handy Board / *8334 (-20)
  i2c and Handyboard

I see there has been some software for i2c interface to Handyboard. How do you connect the hardware? Is it just a case of using 6 pins on the data port. ---...--- This mail sent through UK Online webmail (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Serial LED is not lighting up = pilot error

Hi Scott, the handyboard part-list says that this LEDs are from the HLMP17xx series. These LEDs are low-current LEDs and only need 2 mA current at (1.8V) 1.9V forward voltage. So your 10mA 3V LEDs doesn't fit. Have a look at : (URL) you can use LEDs (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Serial LED is not lighting up = pilot error

I believe I've determined the problem. It looks like pilot error. Upon closer inspection of the serial LED, I noticed that it was defintely backwards in comparison to the power LED. I know that the power LED works like it should so the serial LED (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  (no subject)

Hi All, Thanks for all the support I got for my post. I was amazed. However, I would like to clarify that I would like, not only anaylize the walking mechanism, but also build one. Since I have a Handyboard with Expansion Board, I would like to be (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Walking Robots

Hi Rainer, Thanks alot for all that info. I Like the idea of the the F18 but I have spend all my pocket money on the handyboard so I want the thing to walk with the six servos I've bought. Still, Thanks alot, Mustafa (...) (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

(...) To all those looking for cheap scopes: Check out www.picotech.com PC-based scopes. (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Walking Robots

Hi Mustafa, I build a 6-legged walking robot using lego parts only. I didn't use a handyboard. (You posted to the handyboard group only) If interested have a look here : www.informatik.fh-ha...g.de/~lego Regards, Rainer P.S.: A very great robot (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Walking Robots

Hi All, Can all those who have made a walking robot please tell me. I am doing a High School Extended Essay and I want to analyse the different methods used to make robots. Please send an URL, or even email me. Also, anyone know any sites which hold (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Thanks for the info Rainer. I ended up picking up a Logic Probe from Radio Shack as it was only $18. Even if its not top of the line, it should work plenty fine for this job (and more later). If I get more serious about building these kits and the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  GPS

Hi there, Can anyone give me some clues on interfacing GPS to the HB? I have been tinkering with Curt Mills code without success. I have been trying to print the GPS data to the HB screen but so far no luck. The serial_getchar_nowait() function (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Serial LED is not lighting up during charger board assembly

Hi Scott, as I mentioned before i only assembled some 6.270 boards, but no handyboard. So what's follwing is only what i guess. I can't check this out here. Are you able to measure (always with pin7 J9 as ground reference) +9V at pin2 U16 and -9V at (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Hi Scott, I assembled three 6.270 boards (kind of grandpa of handyboard) some month ago and didn't need an Oscilloscope or a Logic Probe. I guess you'll only need such things if you run into trouble with getting started with your handyboard. So, try (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Serial LED is not lighting up during charger board assembly

I'm in the middle of assembling the Serial Interface and Batt. Charger board but have run into a snag. While testing the serial circuit, I was able to see the +-9V values on pin 2 of U16. However, when testing the transmit and receive functions of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Howdy all, I'm getting ready to finally begin assembly of my HB and I have a question regarding the "necessary" tools for this. In the assembly guide, the last tool it states as needed is a Logic Probe or Oscilloscope. I've used O-scopes before but (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help neeeded in S19

Hi Chee, I used the assembler code of this shaft encoder software to create my own. Although using them in C is quite simple, programming in assembler much toucher - but very nice. Take a look at my website (URL) for the altered shaft encoder code. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help neeeded in S19

Hi To solve your problem you don't need to learn s19 code. You must only something like encoder0_low_threshold= 75; in your program (c and nod s19). You must only replace the 0 (zero) according to your used analog port. For further information refer (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Help neeeded in S19

hi, I am using handy board to control my robot. In order to implement dead reckoning, I brought a pair of shaft encoders which give 1000 counts per revolution. I have downloaded encoder driver (.icb file)from Handy Board website "(URL) And, I wish (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is Expansion Board Servo Voltage Suppose to Be 9v

Make sure you measure the voltage under load. Without a load the diodes won't look like they're dropping anything. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Yes, Fred, the diodes are in place. I Assume that is where I should start to test for opens, shorts and, bad diodes. Thanks for the help. Andy "Fred G. Martin" <fredm@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:200108150241.WA...net.com... (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is Expansion Board Servo Voltage Suppose to Be 9v

Do you have the dropping 2n540x diodes in place? they should drop the 9.6v batt to the 5-6v servo voltage. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact