 Robotics / Handy Board / 8454
Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 06:18:59 GMT

Thanks for the info Rainer. I ended up picking up a Logic Probe from Radio
Shack as it was only $18.  Even if its not top of the line, it should work
plenty fine for this job (and more later).  If I get more serious about
building these kits and the extra stuff later, then perhaps I'll begin looking
into my own O-scope.  I've seen 10MHz ones for about $250 and going up from
there in $$ and capability.  Would be cool to own one but for now I'll stick
with what I have.   Thanks again.

Scott

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Rainer Balzerowski writes:
Hi Scott,

I assembled three 6.270 boards (kind of grandpa of handyboard) some month
ago and didn't need an Oscilloscope or a Logic Probe.

I guess you'll only need such things if you run into trouble with getting
started with your handyboard.

So, try to assemble it and follow the steps of the handy board manual and
you may (will?) succeed.

Regards,

Rainer

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Scott Hazel writes:
Howdy all,

I'm getting ready to finally begin assembly of my HB and I have a question
regarding the "necessary" tools for this.  In the assembly guide, the last
tool it states as needed is a Logic Probe or Oscilloscope.  I've used
O-scopes before but don't happen to own one myself.  The logic probe sounds
more reasonable except that I don't know what it is or where to get one
(Radio Shack or Fry's I'm assuming).  Also, is it possible to use anything
else in place of these tools?  O-scopes are a bit out of my price range and
if the Logic probe is also expensive then I may be up a creek trying to
finish building this.  Thanks.

Scott