 Robotics / CyberMaster / 21
Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:33:08 GMT

I would second the recommendation for trying different locations for the
tower. At one point I had so many problems with "dead spots" with my
exploring rover (that needs to communicate with the map making/route finding
software running on the PC), that I ended up implement a lost signal
mechanism to let the rover recover. Then one day when sorting out my work
room I moved the tower to the top of my bookcase. Suddenly no "dead spots" !
I played around and basically decided that getting the tower away from the
PC and monitor was a good thing to do.

Andy

Falk Stricker <falk.stricker@gmx.de> wrote in message
Mignon batteries?

Mignon batteries are batteries of size R6 like used in CM.

If you read the thread I referenced before, you'll see that Anders
Isaksson _specifically_ claimed success with 1.2V recharable
batteries.

You are right the nominal voltage of this recharable batteries is 1.2V but • I
tested the voltage of a just refreshed batterie under load and then the • real
voltage was about 1.25 V.

I don't know if he tested the communication range, but only
2-3 meters of range seems rather obvious.

Perhaps I should test the CM-connect on adding an additional batterie...

Regards,
Falk