 Robotics / CyberMaster / 13
Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:35:27 GMT

"Falk" == Falk Stricker <falk.stricker@gmx.de> writes:

Falk> No there are no walls between cybermaster and basic station. The
Falk> largest distance is about 3 to 4 meters. Is this distance the
Falk> maximum?

Hmm, I think I've used it at greater distances, certainly with
standard Lego software. You could check the 9V battery in the base
station, perhaps that is getting old? Did you screw all the antennas
in all the way? Perhaps there is heavy interference from another
source; your neighbor could be a fanatical radio hobbyist, using the
27MHz band (isn't that the one the cybermaster uses?) heavily all the
time.

Otherwise, I don't see what could cause this kind of problem.

Regards,

Johannes.
--
software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard
goods is legal and you can charge extra for fixing the problems

Visually inspecting visual programming languages.