 Robotics / CyberMaster / 15
Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:40:51 GMT

"Falk" == Falk Stricker <falk.stricker@gmx.de> writes:

Falk> Yes, the cybermaster uses the 27Mhz band. I have checked all the
Falk> solutions you tell me but it's no use. I think the problem isn't
Falk> the PC to cybermaster direction but the direction from
Falk> cybermaster to PC. Do you use batteries or accumulators in your
Falk> cybermaster? I'm using accumulators in the cybermaster because
Falk> of the costs. Perhaps the voltage is to low in this case...

Yes, it could be that part of the communication that breaks down. I've
used batteries so far, but am thinking of switching to rechargable
batteries (is that what you call accumulators?) when I start using it
a bit more. We've had a discussion about batteries and rechargable
batteries in the cybermaster and the problems I've had with low
batteries before: http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=8277&t=i&v=a

The conclusion there was that you could use rechargable batteries with
your cybermaster without problem. (Anders Isaksson reports using them
without problems.) The problem I had when low on batteries wasn't the
same as what you have, though. My cybermaster would download okay,
(most of the time...) but would completely refuse to _run_
programs. Perhaps downloading would have failed for me at larger
distances, too.

Oh, did you try recharging the batteries in your cybermaster, then? :)

Regards,

Johannes.
--
Time is money, but the converse does not hold.

Virtually researching virtual behaviour in a virtual world.