 Robotics / CyberMaster / 16
Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:13:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, Johannes Keukelaar writes:
Yes, it could be that part of the communication that breaks down. I've
used batteries so far, but am thinking of switching to rechargable
batteries (is that what you call accumulators?) when I start using it
a bit more. We've had a discussion about batteries and rechargable
batteries in the cybermaster and the problems I've had with low
batteries before: http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=8277&t=i&v=a

The conclusion there was that you could use rechargable batteries with
your cybermaster without problem. (Anders Isaksson reports using them
without problems.) The problem I had when low on batteries wasn't the
same as what you have, though. My cybermaster would download okay,
(most of the time...) but would completely refuse to _run_
programs. Perhaps downloading would have failed for me at larger
distances, too.

Oh, did you try recharging the batteries in your cybermaster, then? :)

Regards,

Johannes.
--
I'm using accumulators (you called rechargable batteries) because a lot of
toys are using mignon batteries and so I have about 20 rechargable batteries

Regards
Falk