 Robotics / CyberMaster / 10
    Re: Types of Cybermaster —Johannes Keukelaar
   "Falk" == Falk Stricker <falk.stricker@gmx.de> writes: Falk> Do anybody know where I can get software with a front end to Falk> program the cybermaster Well, nqc would work. ((URL) is a gui based front end for that, too, for windows machines, RCX (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Falk Stricker
   (...) No there are no walls between cybermaster and basic station. The largest distance is about 3 to 4 meters. Is this distance the maximum? Best regards Falk (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Johannes Keukelaar
   "Falk" == Falk Stricker <falk.stricker@gmx.de> writes: Falk> No there are no walls between cybermaster and basic station. The Falk> largest distance is about 3 to 4 meters. Is this distance the Falk> maximum? Hmm, I think I've used it at greater (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Falk Stricker
   (...) Yes, the cybermaster uses the 27Mhz band. I have checked all the solutions you tell me but it's no use. I think the problem isn't the PC to cybermaster direction but the direction from cybermaster to PC. Do you use batteries or accumulators in (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Johannes Keukelaar
   "Falk" == Falk Stricker <falk.stricker@gmx.de> writes: Falk> Yes, the cybermaster uses the 27Mhz band. I have checked all the Falk> solutions you tell me but it's no use. I think the problem isn't Falk> the PC to cybermaster direction but the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Falk Stricker
   (...) I'm using accumulators (you called rechargable batteries) because a lot of toys are using mignon batteries and so I have about 20 rechargable batteries and a processor charger for loading these in a short time... The problem of this (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Johannes Keukelaar
   "Falk" == Falk Stricker <falk.stricker@gmx.de> writes: (...) Falk> because a lot of toys are using mignon batteries Mignon batteries? Falk> and so I have about 20 rechargable batteries and a processor Falk> charger for loading these in a short (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Anders Isaksson
     Johannes Keukelaar skrev i meddelandet ... (...) We did some tests when the kit was new (almost a year ago now!), and we had communications working from first to second floor (old house, no cement or iron in the walls, just a brick chimney in the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

         Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Falk Stricker
     (...) of the CM. On using the rechargable batteries the control shows a low battery status also on just refreshed batteries... So the action radius was about a maximum of 3...4 meters an d the connection was interrupted seveal times. My measurements (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Falk Stricker
   (...) Mignon batteries are batteries of size R6 like used in CM. (...) You are right the nominal voltage of this recharable batteries is 1.2V but I tested the voltage of a just refreshed batterie under load and then the real voltage was about 1.25 (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Andy Shaw
   I would second the recommendation for trying different locations for the tower. At one point I had so many problems with "dead spots" with my exploring rover (that needs to communicate with the map making/route finding software running on the PC), (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

        Re: Increasing the range of the radio signal —Roger Hamlett
   (...) I would suspect that antenna placement, and possibly considering a different antenna design, would make a huge difference. Look in some radio books for things like Yagi designs. Give you much more range, but also make the antenna very (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)