 Robotics / 8309
Re: Line Following by Humans versus Bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:19:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Soh Chio Siong writes:

I would really like to know who or how was it decided that bots should follow • a single line in
the first place. Is it just to save on black paint or the number of light • sensors?
Any clues?

A single black line (of any width) on a white background *is* two white lines
on black background.

The real question is: what is the optimal width for the line? (given the
number of sensors available)

-g