 Robotics / 8349
Re: Line Following by Humans versus Bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 02:38:31 GMT

Graham Stalker-Wilde wrote:

A single black line (of any width) on a white background *is* two white lines
on black background.

Hey, that is very deep insight! Worthy of the Tao Te Ching.

The real question is: what is the optimal width for the line? (given the
number of sensors available)

The typical width given in the competitions is 1 inch (conveniently the width of
electrical tape). Is this the minimum?

I'm experimenting with a wider line. I believe the width of bots has to be kept to
150 mm in the rules. So my line would be about 200 mm wide. Guess I would need a
lot of black paint or electrical tape ;-)

--
C S Soh

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cssoh
... where air is power