 Robotics / 8173
8172  |  8174
Subject:
6.270 course at MIT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:07:00 GMT

Hi.

Does anyone know the contents of the kit that the project teams use
for the 6.270 robots course taught at MIT? Also, supposeably, Tufts
University has developed university level course matterials, but these
matterials were not immediately obvious from the university's web page.
Does anyone know about the lego robotics program at Tufts?

Basically, I want to use Lego technology for the project component
of a S/W Engineering course I am teaching next term. I managed to
get a very small amount of funding so we will be able to buy a
couple of kits. I just want to make sure that I get the right stuff.
(That is one of the things that limmitted funding does to you. If
we had sizeable funding, I would just buy barrels of parts and
sort it out in person. What fun. A barrel of lego parts, peripherals,
and microcontrollers!)

For that matter, what is the current state of putting Linux up on
the RCX? I recall seeing about half a year ago that someone was
trying to put Linux on the RCX.

Also, aside from the relay kludge, what is the status of
extending I/O for the RCX? The number of I/O ports seems
very restricted. Has anyone done any work at putting up
a serial bus between RCX bricks and breakout boxes?

Thanx

Barbara Nostrand

| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.                                             |
| Contact via Email: mailto:nostrand@acm.org                          |
| Contact via Voice: 309-677-2461                                     |
| Ignored domains: bestbiz.net, pop.net, hotmail.com, aibusiness.com  |
|                  vdi.net, usa.net, tpnet.pl, myremarq.com           |
|                  netscape.net, excite.com, bigfoot.com, public.com  |
|                  com.tw, eranet.net, yahoo.com, success.net         |
|                  mailcity.com, net.tw, twac.com, netcenter.com      |
|    techie.com       |