 Robotics / 7457
Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:32:00 GMT

*Real* lasers don't even look impressive. It is pracitaclly impossible to get a
laser in the visable wavelengths to cut stuff. Usually UV lasers are used for
this purpose.

But anyway... in Oz, proper laser pointers are about $60. You can get really
cheap ones, but these are the ones that failed the  power leakage tests at the
factoires. I trust these are not of this type ;) - as after a few months they
don't work anymore.

What can we do with your laser pointers, besides point them at stuff? Are they
bright enough to pick up the reflected beam, and use them in conjunction with
some other sensor (well... a light sensor anyway)?!

"Tobias Möller" wrote:

Are you talking about *real* lasers that can cut things? Or just one of
those LED pointers?

--Tobias

Hi all,
I am selling laser modules for Mindstorms. The modules are
two 2x6 lego bricks one on top of the other with a plate on the bottom.
It has a wire with a lego power connector on the end attached to one
end, and the laser sticks out about 1mm from the other end. The wire
attaches to an output port of the RCX. The modules are available in
blue or black, but if you would like another color, I may be able to get
it for you with a slight delay. The price is $35, which includes shipping.
To order, email me and tell me which color you would like. I need at
least three more orders, or I will have to raise the price.

Josh Yeager