 Robotics / 7298
Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:51:09 GMT

Yeah. In can't think of anything that a laser could be used for. Unless you had
reflective walls and could use it as a range finder.
Sort of like an ultrasonic range finder, only with light. I wonder if the timing
could be done fast enough.

Andy

Nick Goetz wrote:

Forgive my ignorance with respect to robotics and the like but what would
you do with a laser? Is it used for guiding the robot or can the RCX detect
when the beam is broken?  I don't assume it is used to zap dirty dishes from
the dinner table. <g>