 Robotics / 7299
RE: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:21:11 GMT

I think a laser would be very useful for vaporizing pesky obstacles, I'd
like mine to be a CO2 @ 50 Watts please....Blue bricks would be just fine
:>))

Seriously, a laser might be an interesting source of light for a homing
beacon.  I don't know if I would put in on a robot, instead I might think
of them as "lighthouses" spread around a room.  You would probably want to
make them scan with a mirror, to create a horizontal plane of ray paths.
And your detector would have to be in the same plane.  With the intensity
available, and the known wavelength, they should be easy to detect.

Laser tag could be fun....

Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net