 Robotics / 8151
Re: Homemade Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 05:14:56 GMT

C S Soh <cssoh@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
news:382CD110.B4108F83@singnet.com.sg...

d. the components are not easy to obtain

In the US there is a chain of stores called Radio Shack.  They are about as
common as McDonalds and I try to use only parts that you can get there.
Otherwise Mouser or Digikey has them and they have a large web pages.  I
assume you can buy internationally from them.

Now if you could consider fabricating the angle sensor and the pressure • sensor
and include a Monkey grip, I would reimburse you the full costs and • shipping
plus your trouble. That would be a great help, indeed :-)

I know how you feel, but don't want to mix business with pleasure.  Even if
I sold the parts at cost, money would need to change hands and you know what
a mess that can be.  I hope you can scout around and find the parts locally.
The digital tire gauge (Monkey Grip brand) might be available in auto parts
or hardware stores.  It is not something only Kmart would have.

Thanks for the kind words about my pages.