 Robotics / 6865
Re: Motor/generator efficency (was Re: Micro Scout can run off its own motor)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:09:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, James Howse writes:

THEY (lego) claimed the setup was almost 100% efficent. i.e. one rotation of
generator = one rotation of motor.

Did they by any chance mention the Second Law of Thermodynamics *)
in this context ? ;-))

(They probably hid it in the term "almost"...)

Greetings,
Martin "Perpetuum mobile rules!" E.

*) pop version**) : No Energy Conversion Without Loss

**) i.e. the one I can pretend to grasp.