 Robotics / 6823
Re: New Lego challenge !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:23:01 GMT

Laurentino Martins wrote:

At 03:35 13-09-1999 Monday , Mike Poindexter wrote:
Got it figured out.  Using the principles of right handed recursion, you can
have the robot follow the right wall and it will eventually get to the light
and also get out of the maze again.

Incidentally, right handed recursion will get you out of any labyrinth
provided that you are not starting inside it already.  If you are already in
it, it will likely work there as well.  This would then allow the robot to
work in almost any maze you create.

Yes, unfortunately the current firmware implementation from LEGO doesn't have a call stack, so you can not build recursive routines. :-(

On the other hand I can imagine labyrinths where that bot would never be able to do anything out of them.

A call stack is not an absolute requirement to do recursive processing, it just
makes it easier.  I have written recursive processes with only an array.

-Wes