 Robotics / 4001
Re: Contest: two motor idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:08:39 GMT

Alan

Do you have a schematic or diagram of your ideas?

What type of gearing would you have to allow two separate gear movements
forward and back?

Does anybody else have any configurations they've come up with to accomplish
the same task?

I'm stumped.

Rod
legobot@hotmail.com

smile lots

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Alan G. Smith) writes:
It isn't actually that tough to do it with two motors.
I can think of two ways off of the top of my head.
1) Motor I - Drives both treads forwards, only drives one backwards
  Motor II - grabbing the can
2) Motor I - Drives left tread forwards, backwards operates grabber
  Motor II - Drives right tread frowards, backwards operates something
else.

Unfortunately both of these methods keep you from backing up straight, but
that can be worked around.

Any other ideas?

--Alan