 Robotics / 3971
Re: Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:03:19 GMT

With the restriction that there are no obstacles in the room, the robot
could use the IR-Radar scheme that has been discussed to probe around.  If
it found an obstacle that was only a couple of inches wide it would know
that it was a coke can and not a wall.  I'm sure that there are other
solutions as well.

By the way, I'm open to extra kits or sensors being used, I just suggested
extra points being given for an RIS only solution.

Seems to me that MindStorms doesn't have sensors for to see the coke can so
it can "take a look" and run for it.
The results will be somewhat random and wins the bot that on average covers
more ground using the best filling algorithm and in the smallest space of • time.
Have I missed something here...?

Laurentino Martins

Joel Shafer    joel@connect.net