 Robotics / 3999
Re: Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:03:53 GMT

I Am I wrote:

Joel:
The only way that these contests could offer a "pot of money" for the
winner is if each entry of a vehicle cost the entrant some fee. This
could be as little as ten US Dollars, or more if you decided you wanted
to shell out. It would then become less of a fun competition and more
like greyhound racing, with everyone yelling and hooting and hollering
for their doggie to win first prize.
Anybody else want to pay for Joel to play with Legos?

I was never serious when I asked if there was any prize for winning (I *DID* try to
indicate that with a smile emoticon after the query... maybe that wasn't enough).
Simple recognition and acknowledgement is certainly enough as far as I'm concerned.

Mark