 Robotics / 3983
Re: Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:47:43 GMT

At 19:20 23-02-1999 Tuesday , you wrote:
It isn't actually that tough to do it with two motors.
I can think of two ways off of the top of my head.
1) Motor I - Drives both treads forwards, only drives one backwards
  Motor II - grabbing the can
2) Motor I - Drives left tread forwards, backwards operates grabber
  Motor II - Drives right tread frowards, backwards operates something
else.

Unfortunately both of these methods keep you from backing up straight, but
that can be worked around.

Any other ideas?

Yes!
Forget the limitation rules, or at least make the limits on the number of parts a lot higher.
To build a bot to meets that challenge is already difficult enough, don't make it even more difficult or very few people will ever make it to the end (if any).
Give us room, let us use what we like the way we like and know!
The final points might reflect the number of parts, but don't make the number of parts a *must* for participating.

Only my two Euros... :-)

Laurentino Martins

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]