 Robotics / 3656
Re: Voltage generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:33:58 GMT

Bill Leggett writes:
I discovered something that I can see no use for but maybe someone else
can. If you connect the two power wires together from two motors and
spin one motor, the other motor spins! The first is obviously generating
DC voltage in proportion to speed. This could be a poor mans mechanical
remote control.

It fascinated me how accurately the driven motor mimics the dynamo.

Anyway, I've used the idea to make a puppet "Furby" - you can see it on my
Mindstorms page:

http://www.legomindstorms.com/mypage/gallery.asp?userid=6249#Legby

--
Derek