 Robotics / 3013
Re: Voltage generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:37:05 GMT

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, jeff wrote:

  Interesting you should mention that.  I've been toying with the idea of
making a anenometer (wind speed tester) from a motor, but haven't over
come the idea of how to calibrate it.

I believe the word is anemometer... it's really just a form of pressure
gage.  Were you just thinking of attaching a windmill to the motor to
produce current?

I've seen various ideas postulated on this list for pressure gages (or at
least limiters) for use with the Lego pneumatics system, but nothing has
come down the line that would be sensetive enough to detect the few psi
difference between static and total pressure at any reasonable speed.  On
the tunnels here at Purdue, for the lab courses we have big sensetive
pressure gages, and on the big Boeing tunnel we have more sophisticates
and expensive things like seven-hole pitots and multidirectional hotwires
and...

Daniel "Dan'l" Miller                Senior, School of Aeronautics and
danielmi@ecn.purdue.edu              Astronautics, Purdue, Indiana
                "Stadtluft macht frei." - German proverb