 Robotics / 3057
RE: Voltage generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:56:42 GMT

Dave Ryder wrote:
Is
there anywhere on your site where you have a code sample to
share two sensors
on one input?

I will post more code in a short while, but I am editing those web-pages on
a different computer than i keep my NQC programs so that needs a bit of
coordination. But I can outline the basics right away (i have no reference
right here so bear with me if I get some details wrong).

On the Vector Rover a touch sensor shares input with the "rotation sensor".
If you configure the input as a light sensor and requests RAW readings the
rotation sensor will yield two values: 512 and 0 (just about) while if you
press the touch-sensor the value will go up to 1024. The result is that the
rotation sensor is disabled if the touch sensor is engaged (there will be no
tacho counting). I usually implement this by using variables as "virtual
sensors" like this

int IN_LEFTBUMPER, IN_TACHO;

task tachoandleftbumperdriver
{
  while (true)
  {
    if IN_1>1000
    {
      IN_LEFTBUMPER = 1;
      continue;
    }
    IN_LEFTBUMPER = 0;
    // insert code to count tachos here
  }
}

It is important to disengage anything that would result in rotation on the
rotation-sensor the moment the left bumper is engaged or else you will lose
track of rotation. The light sensor shared with a touch sensor is
implemented in a similar manner.

Simen