 Robotics / 3029
3028  |  3030
Subject:
Rover (was Voltage Generator)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:53:04 GMT

List,
  I just sent the message below to Linc and not to the whole list as it
may be marginal on the Topic issue.  Ben has asked about it too and others
may. So I'm sending this now.  I do still talk about Lego in this but
further discussion may be too far a field for the whole list.  Rather than
run the risk of sensure, I'll talk of list to any who are intrested :)
  If there are enough people intrested in the thread I'll include them all
in replies, but until more happens it probably doesn't justify a temporary
list of it's own :)
                    ------------------------------
  Right now we have an 'old' CCD camera and small transmitter that will
transmit on vhf or uhf using a "blank" tv channel.  The range is under one
kilometer, and it's black and white.  We got it a few years back from
Super Circuits, to use on a radio controlled helicopter.  Currently it
just sits on top of what ever version of robot the RCX is in and sends
video to our TV.  For the "rover" we're looking at a color camera and the
microplate ATV transmitter at Super Circuits. Their url is:

         http://www.scx.com

Lots of choices :)   So far we've not captured and pics, so no page for
us, yet...

Jeff D. Payne
UtahLINK Network Operations