 Robotics / 3028
Re: Sensor monitoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:45:06 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Bible, Bryan) writes:
question is can I monitor both the sensors in parallel so
neither one has an advantage?

I think the sensors are read every 3ms and the value stored somewhere.  I don't
think they are read just when you ask for them in software.  You get the last
value read. I base this on the way the rotation sensor and some of the sensor
modes work. They would require a separate background task to process.  Two
readings would never be at the exact same time.  I would guess that sensor 1 is
always read just before sensor 2.

How about this for a solution: using 4 variables; Read sensor 1 then sensor 2
twice then sensor 1 again;  Average each of the two sensor values.  The average
sensor readings will both be at the same point in time.  Use the thresholded
value of the average to determine if there is a car over the sensor.