 Robotics / 3058
Re: Direction of rotation sensor.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:08:26 GMT

Hi ,

Jim Peterson wrote:

Here's a thought:
  A rubber band around the axle to check and a pulley with a peg in it.
  In one direction, the pulley/peg run into the touch sensor and the band
  then starts slipping on the axle [...]

Using this idea, a quick and much simpler design than my first one works better.
:)
I have to work on it because I want the sensor to be really "sensible" to changes
in direction but I think this is a nice an simple path to follow.

This one's not exactly what you want.  Has anyone tried this?:
  Draw (via your favorite paint program) a circular pattern which increases
  in greyscale shading as theta increases.  Print this out, paste it to a
  pulley, and aim a light sensor at it. [...]
--Jim

I will try this out asap. It seems to be another good idea.

Thanks for your help Jim

Nicolas oriol