 Robotics / 3056
3055  |  3057
Subject:
RCX IR Messages & Universal Remotes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:29:59 GMT

Hi

I've been having trouble trying to get a universal IR remote control to
receive a message from the RCX, so it can LEARN the signal.

I've tried 4 brands of remotes, and none of them seems to even see the RCX
IR messages. I've read where someone got a PalmPilot to do this trick, and
something called an "OmniControl".

I'm using Visual Basic w/Sprit.ocx. I've also tried it using the Mindstorm
interface.

I've tried the so-called IR Radar trick, and my light sensor DOES detect
the IR emissions from the RCX. I have no problem w/the computer
communicating with the RCX.

I live in Germany, so the same brands of remotes are not readily available
here. Amongst those I've tried were Phillips brand and something called
Commanbder CV 400. Both of these learned all my regular devices, and
apparently produce a strong signal (it bounces off the walls to the
receivers). But they don't even give an error (other than time-out) when
trying to teach them to send an RCX message!

Anyone have tips/tricks to facilitate this process?

Thanks!
Goofyy