 Robotics / 3847
Re: RCX IR Messages & Universal Remotes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:55:32 GMT

Hi Brandon,

I actually used the RCX to train OmniRemote.  I used an NQC program that
called SendMessage with each of the values that I wanted to train, waiting
for a switch press each time.  I'm not sure if that will give you
results different from training with the tower, but it's worth a try.  I
didn't get great performance - it took a few tries to get the RCX to
recognize the messages from the Palm (TM) Connected Organizer (I have to
say that cos I work there ;) and the range was pretty terrible, but I
could drive a robot around inch by inch.

Hope this helps,

- Ben.

PS   There's a new creation on my page, a fairly basic plotter.
PPS  I animated my NQC link button too - feel free to steal it.  :)

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/