 Robotics / 3657
RE: Mindstorms in 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:16:54 GMT

Peter Ljungstrand wrote:

I really don't think Lego will discontinue the Mindstorms RCX series
for a
while.
Remember, the RCX has so far onlyu been marketed and sold in the USA,
Canada
and the UK, as some sort of "test markets".
(http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/releases/8_98.html)

In the 1999 lego catalog that is everywhere in every toy store in
Sweden,
there are a couple
of pages informing about the new exciting Mindstorms RCX kit that will
soon
be available
in Sweden as well, but with Swedish software.
[Paul Curtis]  In the 1999 UK catalogue, where Mindstorms is
already available, there is no mention.  Only Cybermaster.  I've been to
a number of places which sell Mindstorms, and they still have units on
shelves.  I think I must be the only person to pick up a Mindstorms kit
from PC World -- they had about 40 units in my local store before
Christmas, and they have about the same now.  Hopefully, they'll reduce
the price of it so that they can shift the boxes, at which time I'll
purchase another two.