 Robotics / 3665
RE: Mindstorms in 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:32:10 GMT

One possible reason why RIS isn't in the catalogue is simply the price of
the set - most toy retailers (apart from ToysRUs and "rich" places like
Hamleys) don't stock things that expensive. Hence the distribution in PC
World and Maplin - electronics shops rather than toy shops - where 160
pounds is a relatively cheap item to stock.

Note that this keeps Cybermaster and Mindstorms in fairly separate markets
- nicely avoiding the self-competition problem described earlier in this
thread :-)

Nice theory, except that CyberMaster is around 180UKD V's
around 160UKP for MindStorms...

What are Lego (UK) up to?
--
Mozza