 Robotics / 2743
Re: Elevator alternatives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:44:17 GMT

Tim McSweeney wrote:

as the intent was for the elevator to be part of a "hidden base"
for spacecraft, and was lifting craft from an underground hangar
up to the surface.  The design allowed me to conceal all the lifting
equipment below the retracting roof, whilst the elevator lifted flush
with the "surface".

Wow, Sounds cool, I can visualise what you are talking about.

Pictures?

Tim

Apologies; I thought I had responded to this last night, but apparently
it got lost somewhere...

I slapped together a little web page to serve as an index for my
pictures.
I don't know if I still have the Control Lab code, but it was in Logo,
and
is pretty trivial, anyway.

http://www.telepres.com/~jeffe/base/basepics.html

Sorry for the page and image quality, but (a) it was late, and (b), it
was
a mod-1 quickcam.  I've since moved to using a cheap capture board and a
Sony videocamera, with better results...

Jeff