 Robotics / 750
Re: Worm Drive Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:05:28 GMT

Tim McSweeney wrote:

If you really want one, you can commit the heresy of running
a standard
axel through a thread cutter and use some little nylon nuts (available
at electronics supply houses).  At least one other person has
done this
and posted results to the web (I forget who and where -- photographic
memory, but no film ;-) ).

Sorry I Lost you there, what do you mean by cut Lego?

Tim

I mean cut threads (like on a screw) into the axel using a thread
cutting tool (part of a tap and die set available at most good hardware
stores).  Check out http://www.net-info.com/~dcarlson/ near the bottom
of the page.