 Robotics / 26267
26266  |  26268
Subject:
BASIC for the NXT was Re: R21 - Robot Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:24:47 GMT

Rob Antonishen wrote:

> P.S. Anyone coming with an NXT "demonstration" t-o-w bot, since they
> are not allowed to compete?

I ~would~ BUT......I !HATE! the GUI programing software. (Yes I know it
was designed for kids, and I understand that I am not the target audience)

I have built several NXT bots, that have NO CODE, cause I am just not
young enough to grok GUI software.

I'm waiting for Ralph to surprise us with RH-Basic  or
Hemple-Design-Mostly-Basic-With-Some-Forth (HDMBWSF).  Come on all you
software creators, how about BASIC for the NXT?  This is a list of
people way smarter than me who might be able to do this.

the LEGO SDK team
Bot Code - Marty Balash
Bot-Kit - Andy Bower
Brain Storm - Richard Maynard
Brick Command - Brain Cwikla
Brick Command Center - John Binder
emulegOS - Marcus L. Noga & Marco Beri
Gordon's Brick Programmer - Malcom S. Powell
Java 2 pbForth console - Jonathan Knudsen
LEGO::RCX - John C. Quillan
legOS RCX Code - Dave Madden
lego Sim - Frank Mueller
leJOS - Jose Solorzano
MacNQC - K. Robert Bate
Not Quite C - Dave Baum
On Screen Programming - David R. Van Wagner
pbForth - Ralph Hempel
Perl - Paul Haas
PRO-RCX - Dennis Cousineau
pure Java - Scott Lewis
QBasic, DOS - Peter Hesketh
Robolab - Tufts University
RCX Command Center - Mark Overmars
RCX & Java - Dario Laverde
Scheme - Adam Wick, Kasey Klipsch, & Mitchell Wagner
Tcl RCX - Laurent Demailly
Tcl RCX Bytecode Compiler - Peter Pletcher
John Hansen
Dick Swan
LEGO Mindstorms Internals -Russell Nelson
Mind Control -Eric Brok
Mindstorms RCX Sensor Input -Michael Gasperi
RCX Interrogator -Chris Stanley
RCX Internals -Kekoa Proudfoot
LEGO Mindstorms with Linux Mini-HOWTO -Luis Villa

and MANY MORE...

What do I have to do; have a contest and offer a prize to get BASIC for
the NXT?

hummmmmm, What would be a good "prize" to inspire someone to write a new
BASIC style language for the NXT?

Chris

1. List was shamelessly stolen from several sources.  I have no idea how
incorrect it is; with apologies for errors and omissions.