 Robotics / 26271
Re: BASIC for the NXT was Re: R21 - Robot Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:21:52 GMT

I think that $25,000 should inspire someone to write a basic compiler that
spits out NXT Byte code.  You could even get by if the compiler was written
based using a non-enterprise version of basic.

Lamar
A retired system programmer/analyst

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message
: Rob Antonishen wrote:
:
: >
: > P.S. Anyone coming with an NXT "demonstration" t-o-w bot, since they
: > are not allowed to compete?
: >
:
:
: I ~would~ BUT......I !HATE! the GUI programing software. (Yes I know it
: was designed for kids, and I understand that I am not the target audience)
:
: I have built several NXT bots, that have NO CODE, cause I am just not
: young enough to grok GUI software.
:
: I'm waiting for Ralph to surprise us with RH-Basic  or
: Hemple-Design-Mostly-Basic-With-Some-Forth (HDMBWSF).  Come on all you
: software creators, how about BASIC for the NXT?  This is a list of
: people way smarter than me who might be able to do this.
:
:
: the LEGO SDK team
: Bot Code - Marty Balash
: Bot-Kit - Andy Bower
: Brain Storm - Richard Maynard
: Brick Command - Brain Cwikla
: Brick Command Center - John Binder
: emulegOS - Marcus L. Noga & Marco Beri
: Gordon's Brick Programmer - Malcom S. Powell
: Java 2 pbForth console - Jonathan Knudsen
: LEGO::RCX - John C. Quillan
: legOS RCX Code - Dave Madden
: lego Sim - Frank Mueller
: leJOS - Jose Solorzano
: MacNQC - K. Robert Bate
: Not Quite C - Dave Baum
: On Screen Programming - David R. Van Wagner
: pbForth - Ralph Hempel
: Perl - Paul Haas
: PRO-RCX - Dennis Cousineau
: pure Java - Scott Lewis
: QBasic, DOS - Peter Hesketh
: Robolab - Tufts University
: RCX Command Center - Mark Overmars
: RCX & Java - Dario Laverde
: Scheme - Adam Wick, Kasey Klipsch, & Mitchell Wagner
: Tcl RCX - Laurent Demailly
: Tcl RCX Bytecode Compiler - Peter Pletcher
: John Hansen
: Dick Swan
: LEGO Mindstorms Internals -Russell Nelson
: Mind Control -Eric Brok
: Mindstorms RCX Sensor Input -Michael Gasperi
: RCX Interrogator -Chris Stanley
: RCX Internals -Kekoa Proudfoot
: LEGO Mindstorms with Linux Mini-HOWTO -Luis Villa
:
:
: and MANY MORE...
:
: What do I have to do; have a contest and offer a prize to get BASIC for
: the NXT?
:
: hummmmmm, What would be a good "prize" to inspire someone to write a new
: BASIC style language for the NXT?
:
:
: Chris
:
: 1. List was shamelessly stolen from several sources.  I have no idea how
: incorrect it is; with apologies for errors and omissions.