 Robotics / 26262
Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:19:24 GMT

John Brost writes:
> The idea of the spec was so that EVERY module could be put ANYWHERE
> in the GBC and it would all work.  In the past, this has been bent
> so that modules that can't handle large batches are not placed
> downstream of a batch- output module, but overall throughput was
> still 1bps.

I agree with what you say about the 1bps spec, HOWEVER, look at what
has happened in the modular railroad world.  Often you'll find
multiple modules which cooperate outside the specification.  They can
go anywhere in the layout that two or three modules can go in line.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | When immigration is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | outlawed, only criminals