 Robotics / 26149
Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:51:02 GMT

On Thu, June 29, 2006 4:11 pm, Dave Hurley wrote:
I think the standard is always open for interpretation and revision, but I think
it's written with enough wiggle room for most situations.  I think it would be
an accomplishment if we were able to get a large majority of people to follow
it!

This may be where some people get into trouble.  The height & placement of the in &
out baskets is a hard requirement.  So is the minimum of 1 bps.  People MUST follow
the standard, in order for the GBC to work.

Last year at BrickFest, every one of the modules followed the standard.  Some
suffered reliability issues, but they still followed the standard.

Steve