 Robotics / 26150
Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:23:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

they are a little bit bigger than soccer balls
(and a little heavier).

They will work with most of my modules, but not
all.

   I've worked with these as well. They look nice, and like Steve I have some
modules that can handle them, and some that can't. More interesting (to me) is
that a simple mechanical sorter works great, so potentially you could have a
GBCm that uses both, but easily and reliably sorts out the Zamor spheres (that's
the bigger ones) at the end.

However, they are good for shooting with an NXT...

   Oh yeah. I've got to find a place to post my own video/movies. Suggestions
anyone? The NXT DAZLR: US target location on a mobile platform with a 4+ sphere
per second rate of fire. Cuts through minifigs like butter. Yeah...

http://mindstorms.lego.com/MeetMDP/BDavis.aspx

--
Brian Davis