 Robotics / 26207
Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 03:37:01 GMT

Dave Hurley wrote:

I was wondering the exact same thing.  For BF06 planning purposes, I was
tentatively planning on having "throughput zones" grouped according to balls per
second.  The faster modules would be grouped together just as the slower ones
would be with others of similar speed.  My big mama-jama module can barely do
.4bps on a sunny day. The junction between the faster to slower modules can be
regulated with what I call "leaky bucket" modules to regulate/throttle the ball
flow from faster modules to slower ones.

You could maybe design a special module to split the fast rate stream
into some number of slower streams - to be recombined later.  So if (for
example), you had a bunch of 0.5bps modules, you could build two chains
of them and dump alternate balls into each chain.