 Robotics / 25266
Re: What I would do (2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:38:17 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Mon, January 16, 2006 8:27 pm, pisymbol wrote:
- getting a RTOS up an running (whether that be uCOS-II or Redboot/eCOS)

What is RTOS, uCOS, and Redboot/eCOS?

RTOS - Real-time Operating System

uCOS-II (MicroCos-II) which is a RTOS implementation that has been ported to
many platforms including the ARM7

http://www.micrium.com/products/rtos/kernel/rtos.html

Redboot/eCOS - Redboot is a generic bootloader for embedded systems and eCOS is
a RTOS.  Both are projects I believe came out of RedHat's embedded push at one
point.  Again, its very license friendly and has been ported to several
platforms.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/

Hope this helps and now makes sense!

(uCos is new to me as well, found out about it through a friend!)

-aps