 Robotics / 25225
25224  |  25226
Subject:
studless construction practice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:57:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

While you guys are smacking each other, my son and I are practicing some
studless construction and let me tell you the Star Wars HAIL FIRE DROID and the
DESTROYER DROID are some impressive constructions.

To make the wheels work on the HAIL FIRE it needs some refinement and the spring
action on the destroyer droid should add some serious possibilities for robots
in the future.

I would encourage you all to work on some LEGO building instead of arguing over
what we can't do with the NXT because right now we can't do anything with it (At
least the majority of us that don't have one to play with.)

I will admit the discussions have been interesting but it went very quickly from
the excitement of the new release to the sadness about all of the things LEGO
did not give us. Man oh man, we are a fickle bunch.

Thank LEGO for taking the next step in Mindstorms and not dropping the line for
more Harry Potter sets.

Back to studless construction, there is much to learn.

Robert C. Peterson